Analyze your ad campaign results with the Performance Dashboard and Campaign Details. These tools provide insight into how your ads are performing on OfferUp and can help inform how to build stronger ads in the future.
Once you log into your OfferUp Ads account, you can view the Performance Dashboard at the top of the home page:
Below the dashboard, you can see a list of your current OfferUp Ads campaigns:
For each ad, you can see:
- Status (such as Active or Paused)
- Headline and button label (such as Learn More)
- Ad start and stop dates
- Total spend
- Click-through rate (CTR)
- An option to manage the ad (to manage an ad, click the Manage button and select an available drop-down option)
Use these Performance Dashboard analytics to keep track of your audience, reach, images, call to action, and more.
Tip: Not sure what impressions, clicks, or click-through rates mean? See our definitions below.
For more information, click an ad from the list in your dashboard to view the Campaign details. This page offers some general information as well as visual indicators of your ad's performance.
General ad information
At the top of the Campaign Details page, you can again find information such as the current status, image, headline, and button label.
The Targeting section shows the categories and keywords that you selected for this ad.
Based on your targeting, we will attempt to display your ad to OfferUp users who are in the target radius, and either browsing the indicated categories or searching on the keywords.
Impressions within your ad’s location radius
Once your ad has enough impressions, you’ll see a heatmap that indicates the general areas where your ad is being viewed within the location radius you selected.
The heatmap offers current data on your ad’s impressions. This can help you determine how effective your ad radius is by showing you where users are actually seeing your ad. This information may assist you as you look for ways to optimize your advertising strategy on OfferUp.
“Warmer” colors on the map (such as red and orange) indicate the highest concentration of impressions (views), with red indicating the highest concentration.
As the color becomes “cooler,” the concentration of ad impressions decreases. You can zoom in on the map for more detail.
- If the heatmap shows a high concentration of impressions at the edges of your ad radius, you might want to consider expanding the ad’s radius to improve reach.
- The heatmap is specific to a particular ad campaign and reflects all impressions since the campaign became active. Creating a new ad campaign will generate a new heatmap.
- When creating your ad, we suggest you use a radius of at least 15 miles to increase your ad reach and target customers closest to you. To change your ad’s radius, follow the instructions for updating your ad.
Impressions and Clicks tables
Your campaign details also include tables that show your impressions and clicks for this ad over time.
Definitions of terms
- Impressions – The total number of times this ad was viewed
- Clicks – Total number of times this ad was clicked by users
- Click-through rate (CTR) – The ratio of clicks the ad has received, as compared to the total number of impressions
Have questions about creating or managing your ads? Please contact your Account Manager if you have one, or contact Customer Support by clicking the Contact Us button below.