We’ve made creating OfferUp Ads easy. If you are new to OfferUp Ads, you can start creating your ads HERE. When creating your ads, please be mindful and aware of our local advertising guidelines and business name guidelines.
Create an ad
Start creating your ad with these steps:
- Write a headline: We recommend a headline with a call to action included such as "Request a free quote!"
- Upload an image: The best option is to use a JPG or PNG image in landscape format 16:9. Images must be 5 MB or less. Please ensure you have the rights to use any images you upload.
The image uploaded will be represented in your ad as is shown in the example below:
- Select a button label: Choose a “Learn more,” “View site,” or “Call now” call-to-action.
- “Learn more” sends customers to your OfferUp business profile [see image below].
- “View site” sends customers to your website, or you can enter a custom URL.
- “Call now” allows customers to call your business directly from a link in the ad.
Note: Once you’ve completed steps 1-3, you can click Preview ad to see what your ad will look like live in the OfferUp app. To continue editing your ad, just close the ad preview viewer. If you are satisfied with your ad, you can move on and select your ad’s categories and keywords.
- Choose categories and keywords: To surface your ad where the right customers will see it, you’ll want to use categories and keywords that apply to your business.
For example, if you sell home decor, you’ll want to use the Home & Garden category, with keywords such as home decor, decorations, art, etc. You can add up to 50 keywords.
Note: If you choose not to select a category, we will automatically select your categories. We strongly recommend choosing at least one category to narrow in on your target audience.
- Adjust your reach with location: Choose your location radius to reach the customers you want. This is required to create your ad. We recommend a radius of 15 miles or less to reach customers that are closest to you.
- Pick your budget: You’ll need to decide on a daily budget. You’ll see a default daily amount set, but you can select an amount within the available range. You will be charged monthly for your previous month’s ad spend.
Note: Your OfferUp ads will run each day until they are paused or you reach your ad budget for the campaign, and they can be canceled at any time. For more information on how billing works, please see our billing help article HERE.
- Click Create ad to finalize the ad and post it on OfferUp.
Note: You can save your ad as a draft by clicking Save as draft. Once you’re ready to publish the ad, click Finalize from the Manage drop-down menu.