We’ve made creating OfferUp Ads easy. If you are new to OfferUp Ads, you can start creating your ads HERE. When creating your ads, please be mindful and aware of our local advertising guidelines and business name guidelines.
Create an ad
Start creating your ad with these steps:
- Write a headline: We recommend a headline with a call to action included, as shown in the example below.
- Upload an image: We recommend a JPG or PNG image in landscape format 16:9. Images must be 5 MB or less. Please ensure you have the rights to use any images you upload.
The image uploaded will be represented in your ad as is shown in the example below:
- Select a button label: Choose a “Learn more,” “View site,” or “Call now” call-to-action.
- “Learn more” sends customers to your OfferUp business profile [see image below].
- “View site” sends customers to your website, or you can enter a custom URL.
- “Call now” allows customers to call your business directly from a link in the ad.
Note: Once you’ve completed steps 1-3, you can click Preview ad to see what your ad will look like live in the OfferUp app. To continue editing your ad, just close the ad preview viewer. If you are satisfied with your ad, you can move on and select your ad’s categories and keywords.
- Choose categories and keywords: To surface your ad where the right customers will see it, you’ll want to use categories and keywords that apply to your business.
For example, if you sell home decor, you’ll want to use the Home & Garden category, with keywords such as home decor, decorations, art, etc. You can add up to 50 keywords.
Note: If you choose not to select a category, we will automatically select your categories. We strongly recommend choosing at least one category to narrow in on your target audience.
- Adjust your reach with location: Choose your location radius to reach the customers you want. This is required to create your ad. We recommend a radius of 15 miles or less to reach customers that are closest to you.
- Pick your budget: You’ll need to decide on a daily budget. You’ll see a default daily amount set, but you can select an amount within the available range. You will be charged monthly for your previous month’s ad spend.
Note: Your OfferUp ads will run each day until they are paused or you reach your ad budget for the campaign, and they can be canceled at any time. For more information on how billing works, please see our billing help article HERE.
- Click Create ad to finalize the ad and post it on OfferUp.
Note: You can save your ad as a draft by clicking Save as draft. Once you’re ready to publish the ad, click Finalize from the Manage drop-down menu.
Manage your ad
Easily manage your ad from the Advertising home page in the OfferUp Ads portal. This page shows your Performance dashboard at the top and a list of your ads below it.
If you’re not seeing the results you’re looking for, use these analytics to help you decide whether to increase your daily spend or your target reach, or change keywords or categories to optimize your results.
This is your OfferUp Ads home page where you can manage your ads. Once you’ve created your ads, a list of them will appear here, along with a performance dashboard at the top of the page.
To manage an active ad, click the Manage button and select any of the available drop-down options.
Update your ad
Clicking Update will allow you to edit any of your ad’s settings, such as the headline, photo, or target audience. Once you’ve made your changes, click the Submit changes button.
Duplicate your ad
If you’d like to create an exact copy of an existing ad or draft, click Duplicate. This will take you to the editing screen, which will show a draft duplicate ad. You can choose to make changes to the information before you save the draft or create the ad.
End your ad
Once you’ve decided it’s time to stop running your ad, click End. This will end your ad and show a Completed status next to it.
Note: Once you end an ad, you will not be able to edit it or start it again. If you want to continue running an ad that was ended, you will need to duplicate it and begin running that duplicated ad.
For more information on how to understand your Performance dashboard and manage your ads, click HERE.
Have questions about creating or managing your ads? Please contact your Account Manager if you have one, or contact Customer Support by clicking the Contact Us button below.